Full Race - FR-IC-ECO-GEN2 - F150 Intercooler Kit EcoBoost 2.7L/3.5L/Raptor (15-19)
- 2015 - 2019 Ford F-150 V6 2.7L EcoBoost
- 2015 - 2019 Ford F-150 V6 3.5L EcoBoost
- 2015 - 2019 Ford F-150 V6 HO 3.5L EcoBoost Raptor
Featuring aerodynamic cast endtanks with an updated core mounted high in the grille, allows for clearance to fit a winch or aftermarket steel bumper. All-New for 2018, our V2 Intercooler is the strongest and highest flowing intercooler ever developed for the F150 EcoBoost. The result is a whopping 20% improvement in pressure drop compared to our V1 sheet metal endtank. If you’re planning to install a winch or steel bumper this upgrade is mandatory! Each and every unit is leak tested to 50psi (even small pinhole leaks can lose power).
F150 is a tough truck that will be subjected to work site and off-road abuse, high strength and durability are critical. Whether upgrading for increased performance or adding a winch / prerunner bumper – Intercooler upgrades are the recommended first modification for turbocharged EcoBoost engines. Also known as the CAC (charge air cooler), the stock F150 CAC is located below the radiator in the lower front grille area.
This OEM EcoBoost intercooler uses a thin aluminum core crimped to plastic endtanks, allowing ‘heatsoak’ (intake air temperatures rise uncontrollably) and a corresponding reduction in power. The design is low cost, easy to manufacture, and offers adequate cooling for the stock turbos. However, the stock cooler can not fit a winch/aftermarket bumper or handle increased airflow from larger turbos. In comparison we use a top shelf core and our endtanks are expertly TIG welded in precise fixtures. The lower support beam is hand-fabricated from high strength steel then powder coated black. Using 3″ inlet / 3″ outlet, the coldside charge pipe is available with water/meth bungs as requested.
In high humidity or rainy environments, the stock intercooler position can lead to condensation water building-up inside the stock cooler. Upon sudden acceleration and boost, this water can be introduced into the engine, causing a misfire event. We recommend using a mechanical vent-to-atmosphere BOV (blow-off valve) on the lower charge pipe, after the intercooler. These can help evacuate moisture from the charge air stream before it enters the engine’s throttle body. The 2015+ eBOV may leak boost above 22psi, so we strongly recommend using a mechanical BOV for any high boost setups.Features:
- High efficiency core designed specifically for the 2.7L, 3.5L and Gen2 V6 EcoBoost engine
- CFD optimized high strength cast endtanks using ANSYS software
- Optional aluminum bungs on charge pipe to suit Water/Meth injection nozzles
- Retains OEM sensors and purge solenoid fittings – no tuning required
- Optional Black Coating available for stealth appearance
- Allows EcoBoost F150’s to use a off-road prerunner bumper, approved snowplow mounts and other accessories
- WARN Winch Compatible
- Front Mount Intercoooler core with >1000cfm flow rate (70% more internal flow area than stock), using oversized 10mm charge air and 10mm ambient air paths (larger than the stock 6.5mm size) for <1psi pressure drop at 600+hp airflow levels.
- Intercooler Lower Mounting Beam
- Intercooler Upper Mounting Bracket
- Aluminum Charge Piping (Hot and Cold Side)
- Couplers and Clamps
- Horn Relocation Bracket
- Adaptive Cruise Control Relocation Bracket
- Optional Black Coating
About Full Race
We are The Turbo Experts. With clients in over 90 countries around the world, our turbos, intercoolers, intakes and exhausts set the standard for turbo systems and components. Our customer base ranges from professional race teams to OEM manufacturers to grassroots enthusiasts. Working with high level partners like BorgWarner, Garrett/Honeywell, Ford Motor Company, MHI, Honda of America, Toyota NA, Sierra Sierra/Cosworth, T1 Race Developments and Papadakis Racing helps us to lead by example and remain on the cutting edge of turbo performance innovation.
Full-Race can help ensure you get the right turbo the first time with customized turbo matching and system integration for unique applications. We accurately plot operating parameters and never rely on guesswork or trial and error. As turbocharging grows internationally and across cultural boundaries, our commitment to high standards will continue to deliver unrivaled quality, reliability and performance.
High performance turbocharging is “the replacement for displacement”. Full-Race Turbo Components are proven again and again for Time-Attack champions, Formula Drift Podiums and in the winners’ circle at your local drags. Our work is featured in Ford’s SEMA booth, on Chip Foose’s EcoBoost Mustang, Vaughn Gittin’s Funhaver F-150 EcoBoost, FD Champ Fredric Aasbo’s Drift Car along with many other iconic builds.