DeatschWerks - 16M-23-1500-8 - F150 1500cc Fuel Injectors 5.0L V8 (15-17)
- 2015 - 2017 Ford F-150 5.0L V8 NA
All Deatschwerks high flow fuel injectors are built using only quality OEM cores. In addition, each set is balanced to within a 2% flow variation. For our customers, this means better fitment, easier tuning, and increased reliability. All injectors are backed with a comprehensive 12-month warranty.
Most aftermarket injectors go straight from the production line to the shipping department. At Deatschwerks, we have added what we consider a crucial step of flow balancing and quality assurance testing on EVERY set of injectors we produce - not just one or two from each lot.
Over 40 data points are collected and analyzed on each injector to be sure our customers only receive the best end product. All of our testing is performed in-house on our custom built New Age Technologies injector flow bench.
Deatschwerks injectors are DIRECT FACTORY REPLACEMENTS for their listed applications. In addition, we offer a comprehensive line of universal injectors which are available for customers who's applications are not listed in our catalog. Our Universal applications include high impedance, low impedance, narrow body, wide body, and several different connector options.
- Includes set of 8 injectors
- 60mm length
- 1500cc flow rate
The right tool, used incorrectly, yields substandard results at best. Fuel injectors follow this same universal law. Proper data is required for proper tuning. All DW injectors are fully characterized in-house via SAE J1832 standards. Injector data is available in General Characterization Summaries and Application Specific formats. Using the data is easy. Often it is cut and paste from the DW excel sheet to the tuning software.
Development of accurate injector data is a complex process, but there are no shortcuts to a proper calibration. DW has developed specially designed and calibrated flow benches utilizing digital flow meters, which are required to measure the precise fuel mass needed for proper characterizations. The data acquisition process consists of collecting over 450 data points per injector part number. These data points cover pulse widths, pressures, and voltages that the injectors will experience once installed in your engine. The collected data is statically analyzed, scrubbed and formatted into a General Characterization Summary.
Quality injectors mated to proper calibration data will still perform poorly as a system if the injector set is not properly flow matched. The DW dynamic flow matching process ensures each set works together as a system to fuel your engine properly. Fuel injectors do not operate in a static state so why test them in a static state? In the engine, fuel injectors are a very dynamic component, constantly changing frequencies and pulse widths to precisely deliver the fuel needed. The DW multi-point dynamic flow testing process mimics these conditions by testing at multiple pulse widths within each of the ranges below.
- Low Range (1-2 milliseconds) – Low pulse widths are used during idle, light throttle cruising, and deceleration. However, expensive electronic flow meters are required for accurate testing in this range so few companies actually balance their injectors this low. Low pulse width balancing is crucial for a smooth idle on large injectors.
- Transitional Range (2-4 milliseconds) – The transitional range covers the pulse widths that typically make up the non-linear range of injectors. Although most DW injectors are linear well into the low pw range, transitional balance is important because many high flow injectors spend a majority of time in this range.
- Linear Range (4-10+ milliseconds) – The linear range pulse widths are used during medium and high load conditions. Proper balancing in this range allows for advanced timing and increased boost pressure to yield higher and safer peak horsepower.
- Static Flow - Many companies that balance their injectors only test at static flow. In the engine, injectors do not operate at a static state. However, the static rate is still considered the “call-size” of the injector.
Founded in 2004, DeatschWerks, LLC is a company dedicated to providing high-performance fuel system solutions. Located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, DW operates out of its own 36,000 sq. ft. facility that houses all of the company's functions including design, end-manufacturing, quality assurance, sales, marketing, and administration. DeatschWerks' roots were established by offering high flow drop-in fitment fuel injectors. In 2009 DW expanded into fuel pumps with the DW300 the first in-tank fuel pump to outflow the standard 255 LPH pump. Since then, DW has developed innovative fuel system components such as the in-line 250iL and 350iL pumps, modular surge tanks, conversion fuel rails, dual-stage fuel filters, and ethanol compatible fuel pressure regulators. Today, the DeatschWerks line-up of fuel system components includes over 500 SKU’s covering Sport Compact, Modern Muscle, and Euro applications.
We are excited about the opportunities and ready to face the challenges that the future holds for our company. We will continue to build on the foundation that has brought us to where we are today...a focus on the customer, delivery of relevant application specific products, and a joy in the pursuit of it all." - David Deatsch