AEM - 21-8128DC - F150 Cold Air Intake System EcoBoost 2.7L/3.5L (15-19)
- 2015 - 2019 Ford F-150 2.7L V6 EcoBoost
- 2015 - 2016 Ford F-150 3.5L V6 EcoBoost
The AEM 21-8128DC Performance Cold Air Intake System produces horsepower and torque gains by replacing your vehicle’s restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. This air intake system was designed, tuned and dyno-tested to fit specific Ford F150 EcoBoost models. Air enters the system through an oversized AEM Dryflow synthetic washable air filter for outstanding air flow, filtration and performance.
The air filter is located in the original air box space and is protected by a heat shield which is designed to reduce intake air temperature and increase horsepower. The air intake tubes are constructed from mandrel-bent aluminum featuring a durable gunmetal gray powder coated finish. This air intake system was developed to accommodate the engine’s factory emissions control devices including the intake air temperature sensor.
The dual intake AEM Dryflow air filter is made from an oil-free, synthetic filter media that can be used for up to 100,000 miles before cleaning is needed (depending on driving conditions). The air intake system is easy to install with commonly available tools and it is backed by AEM's Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- Increased horsepower
- Tuned and dyno-tested to improve acceleration and engine sound
- Low restriction aluminum tubing
- Easy to install using commonly available tools
- Air filter lasts up to 100,000 miles before cleaning is required (depending on driving conditions)
- Washable and reusable oil-free filter media
- AEM Lifetime Limited Warranty
AEM was founded in 1987 by John Concialdi (J.C.) and Bob Sullivan as a tuning performance shop. The shop focused on vintage automobiles and the latest trends in street racing modified imports. With it's location in Compton California, AEM was embedded in the tuner market from the very beginning. It was a matter of being in the right place, at the right time, with the right technical knowhow. Between J.C. and Sullivan, AEM had two important advantages. Technical engine knowledge and massive creativity fueled by an unbridled passion to make things go faster. When it came to understanding air flow through an engine, few had more experience than Concialdi. He managed the R&D department for Weber Carburetors for North American aftermarket applications the previous 10 years. By 1993 when the shop relocated to Gardena California, AEM had the reputation as a modifier of choice. The business had grown so much that at times it ran 24 hours a day. Racers depended on AEM to have cars ready for the next street race or sanctioned event. Cars and drivers sporting AEM’s bright yellow logo became famous in the street racing scene for one consistent reason, they won races. AEM’s first glimpse of mainstream notoriety came when cars tuned by their shop won at the “Battle of the Imports”. This highly contested shoot-out landed AEM on the cover of Turbo Magazine and Sport Compact Magazine. Many of the most visible drivers in import street racing ran cars modified by AEM. This included names like Adam Saruwatari, Tony Fuchs, Brian Kim and Darin Ishitani, Archie Medrano, Russ Matuseavich, Abel Iberra, Miles Bautista, E.T. Saffon.
AEM developed one of the first Packaged Air Induction Systems. It's design came from their experience in dyno testing, understanding intake energy dynamics and racing at the Battle of the Imports. AEM’s presence in the tuner movement and its proximity to Nissan, TRD and Honda allowed them a unique opportunity. There was an advantage to living side by side with racers and working with OES engineers. AEM was able to understand both the practical and theoretical side of engine performance. AEM's first air intake kit was offered for sale in 1994 as a "Do-It-Yourself" upgrade for the Honda CRX. This intake proved to be the beginning of a whole new tradition. People could suddenly purchase affordable cars and modify them for increased torque and horsepower. AEM has been a leader in the development of precision tuned induction systems since the Battle of the Imports. Today, the Company’s induction systems number in the hundreds. AEM is still the one to beat.
Legacy of Innovation
Innovation has always been AEM’s core competency. As J.C. would say “if you can’t make something better, why make it all?” This “make it better” drive combined with our commitment to the sport compact market continues to distinguish AEM from other companies. Our innovations are inspired by a passion for engineering excellence, being there and getting our hands dirty. We feel it's the only way to really understand technology enough to make it better.
- AEM was one of the first companies to design performance aftermarket induction systems with specific tube lengths and diameters. The design took advantage of pressure waves in the inlet tract. The tuning of the inlet tract dimension creates more control over the RPM range being affected.
- AEM began to explore the advantages of cooler air on combustion efficiency in the mid nineties and coined the phrase Cold Air Intake.
- AEM worked with K&N in 1999 to design conical air filters with built in air horns at the filter base to greatly enhance air flow into the inlet duct.
- AEM developed the first dual chamber intake kits designed to generate more power over a broad RPM range.
- AEM designed a unique air bypass valve in order to avoid hydro-lock situations for systems where the filter is low enough to potentially encounter water.
- AEM created one of the first hybrid induction systems for cars with engine swaps.
- AEM has developed an electronically tuned air intake solution to MAF sensor scaling problems.
The company continues to lead the way with innovative products that push the envelope of what is possible.
Our products are consistently put to the test by the industry’s leading automotive publications and websites. The reports of these independent tests consistently prove that AEM products are industry leaders. That is why you will find them under the hoods of many of the best racing teams and industry experts nationwide